Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Blue Jay Totem -- A Near Death Experience


I was driving home from work yesterday. It was a beautiful day and I couldn't wait to just get home and take a nice long walk outside. Somewhere in the middle of singing a song and turning a corner, a Blue Jay dropped vertically down, right in front of my car. My first response was to gasp and to break, but there was no way I was stopping in time. The Blue Jay disappeared below my car and I held my breath as I passed over it. I couldn't hear any excruciating "thump," and my gaze darted to my rear view mirror where I could see the dazed little Blue Jay standing in the center of the road a bit confused, before flying safely back into a tree.
My first reaction was shock, then I gave a laugh of relief. I knew if I had hit that little Jay it would've ruined my whole evening. But after that shock wore off, I started to realize that the Blue Jay must have been an animal spirit visiting me to deliver a message.
Here is some information on the Blue Jay Totem. Basically, the Blue Jay is a bold little creature and represents clarity and honesty. He teaches assertiveness, communication, and reminds us to be open with ourselves in order to reach our higher state. I hope the energy of the Blue Jay is staying close because as an Empath, I know I have a hard time communicating my thoughts and how I feel. I'm often frustrated at myself when a situation passes and I wasn't able to express myself properly.
Most recently, I've felt that I struggle with getting my meaning across. Almost like there's a spell on me that takes away my ability to speak, is someone playing a joke on me?
I'm not sure exactly what the Blue Jay is going to teach me, but he certainly got my attention. I'm going to draw his energy closer and see what I discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment